Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Where to live?

If I had all the moolah in the world, I would live the summer months of June-August in Canada. That country has the most amazing weather and scenery during the summer.

Then for the winter months of November-January I would settle down in the third-world country that my countrymen love to hate, the Philippines. Christmas is celebrated for a good two months, and everyone is merry, merry, merry. There's luv in the air, cheesy carols blasting from sound systems in malls, bonuses and shopping sprees, Simbang gabi, puto bumbong, bibingka, FOOD. The air is nippy, the streets bright. There's a sense of, some cynics might say, false merriment, but I love it. Generosity and goodwill fill the air during the -ber months in Manila.

February-May and September-October will be travel months for me. Safaris in Africa, sojourns in the Middle East, a Carribean cruise, backpacking through Europe, driving cross-country in the US, trekking through the wild and mountainous regions of North Asia, exploring the world.

No comments: